Avoid paying the cost of check cashing fees by opening a
Bank on DC Account
Why spend hundreds of dollars a year at a check-cashing company when you can deposit your money for free and pay your bills at no additional cost? Today, everybody can get a bank account. Even if you’ve had problems with an account in the past, or have never had an account before.
What is a Bank on DC Account?
Unlike other accounts, Bank on DC:
Saves you money
- Free to low-cost accounts
- Low to no monthly fee
Offers a second chance
- You can get a Bank on DC ‘Second Chance Account’ that accepts people in ChexSystems
Accepts foreign IDs
- You can get a Bank on DC account with secondary forms of ID as primary identification to open a bank account (e.g. Ecuadorian, Mexican, El Salvadorian identification)
How do I open a Bank on DC Account?
It’s EASY to open a Bank on DC account! You can:
- Find a participating bank or credit union in your neighborhood. Look for the Bank on DC sign at a bank or credit union in your community or fill out this form to be connect with a financial institution.
- Ask them about opening an account through Bank on DC. Our financial partners have designed special banking programs just for you. They’ll answer your questions and help you open an account that best serves your needs.
- Remember to bring some identification. Our participating financial institutions You don’t need a Social Security number, but you will need a passport, District of Columbia ID, Mexican Matricula card, or Guatemalan Consular identification card. And most bank will request a second form of ID, not including cell phone bills.
- Open your new bank account. The persona at the bank will walk you through the entire process. And they can even sign you up for free money management training classes to help you get the most from your bank account.